Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I already forgot who won the World Series.


As a reminder to my loyal readers and loyal stalker, the Red Sox were the team that won the World Series the other day.

However, the media seems to have forgotten this, as we are currently being bombarded on SportsCenter and other shows with either : Joe Torre to the Dodgers, the Patriots running up score against the Redskins, as well as Jesus Girardi coming in to "save" the Yankees.

I'm going to miss the baseball season. No more annoying Frank TV promos, no more Dane Cook "Theres only one October" commercials. No more hearing Joe Buck embarrass himself by taking a bet from Conan and saying "JubJub" during a nationally televised World Series game.

We only have one thing left. And thats John Mellencamp. We'll still hear "Our Country" performed during every single football game for the rest of our natural lives.

jubjub

The media's obsession with the Yankees and Patriots is almost reaching a John Madden/ Brett Favre level. I'm expecting Mike Vrabel to replace Ronan Tynan as the guy who sings "God Bless America" at Yankee games.

Alright folks for one final time. "Theres only one LordEltober."



5 comments:

Toby66 said...

I gotta admit that I don't mind that tune. I actually view as an "new generation" patriotic theme. But I admit, it is being overplayed. I can't stand the Blow Sox. By the way, Malicious, do you feel like the BB Boys are taking over the internet? It kind of reminds of when I used to watch wrastlin' back in the day and good ol' Razor Ramon of the NWO would say "One More For The Bad Guys"...

Lord Elevation said...

Its funny having Anonymous on this website.

I don't think any blog has ever picked up this much heat so fast.

Even Frank Wren had a longer honeymoon period.

Anonymous said...

some of the other replies are as priceless as the anonymous one

what a great place

Anonymous said...

Yeah, why did you bet Buck to say JubJub...thats just weird

Lord Elevation said...

Stets,

Conan also made a bet for Barkley to say it on the NBA on TNT show. We'll see what happens.